Friday, March 02, 2007

february FLEW by...yay march!

hi.
whelp - i guess we're into march now (man, time is seriously FLYING by - sometimes this is good and sometimes maybe not...) and i guess a lot has happened. i feel like everything (relationships, life, me) has changed dramatically in the past two weeks...and really...it's amazing. here are some bullet points (today i'm cleaning all day so hopefully i can leave this weekend - to celebrate my birthday with my parents - and come back to a clean apt :)

1. stomach tests - horrible prep day, not too bad of a test day - and my dad got to come down with my mom (because of a snowday - it was -35 in WI:) which made everything better.

2. tests all came back negative - doctor made me feel stupid for trying some diet changes that HE suggested - but in the end he gave some guesses as to what's wrong and gave me some med and sent me on my way. a little frustrating but i'd rather be on meds than do any more testing. in the end - the meds are working a little bit - so i'm going to try messing with the dosing and some diet stuff and see if i can fix myself :)

3. mel had to go home for a week and a half after a greenville doctor (who shall remain nameless til i write my angry-big sister-letter :) told her she was faking being sick. mel's gotten pneumonia 4 times in the past 5 years and went to the dr very sick. he refused to even do a chest xray. my mom called before the apt to talk to the doctor about her past pneumonia problems and when he first came in the room said said to mel "aww - mommy wants her little baby to come home..."*in the most annoying sarcastic tone ever! anyways - my mom came and picked her up and took her home. she went to the dr and found she had "a substantial amount of fluid built up in the left lung" and was almost put in the hospital- she's been on antibiotics for 2 1/2 weeks now - having to be on two courses and might have to go for a third if this on doesn't kick it. so much for faking it huh?

and...the big news.... :)

4. applied to edgewood college in madison - going back to school to get my bsn - meeting with an advisor on campus on monday :) i know that sort of comes out of no where but it's a REALLY good story i'll tell later - but now i've gotta go get the baby...he's definately wake! haha.

5. o yeah, and i'm going home to WI - in a snowstorm per usual...but i have monday off too (what is this pulaski day? who cares ....i have another day of freedom :) so it's a nice long weekend...and birthday stuff...who doesn't like that right??

til later....

love,
jenn

No comments: