Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

This is technically my last "normal" Thanksgiving with the family. Next year, I'll probably be in training somewhere for the army. The years after that I might be married (haha, that's not normal... :) Anyways, I've thought about this for a couple weeks now and decided to try and enjoy 'the last.' Well, this morning I woke up incredibly sick....ugh....not exactly how I saw my Thanksgiving starting. My family ended up having dinner without me and I stayed in bed until a little after 2. I ate Thanksgiving dinner by myself, dressed in my PJ's. But, I felt a lot better in the afternoon, made a key lime pie that was AWESOME, and joined the family for leftovers at supper time. The day ended a lot better than it began...not all was lost. O, and on a good note, surprisingly there were NO fights during Thanksgiving...this this may just be a first...or second.

Well, today was also a "first" in another way. Thanksgiving usually means little more than "that day where we eat a ton and watch movies and football." I don't think I've ever taken the time on Thanksgiving to be thankful and think about how blessed I am. Part of me would really like to email or write those people that I am really thankful for or who have really blessed me lately...but I think it would end up being pretty cheezy. I don't want to look dumb so I probably won't do it. But wow, I have some great friends, teachers, mentors, etc who are really supportive and non-judgemental. Ones that are willing to confront me when I need it and show me love when I least deserve it. I am blessed by the fact that all of my immediate family members are alive today. I guess it makes me think about last year when we weren't sure that was a possibility. I am blessed to have an amazing boyfriend who puts up with me :) I don't think I show him enough that I love him and am greatful for our relationship. I'm glad I get to ride this wild rollercoast -life- with him at my side. Life has also changed so much in the past year, sometimes I hardly recognize myself (which i guess is kinda a good thing). This is definately not how I spent my last Thanksgiving break - enough said on that I think. Anyways, I am really blessed and I think I need to do a better job of letting people know that I appreciate them.

Ok, guess that's all for now. I'm not sure the fam is really ok with me being on the computer on a holiday (the WHOLE day is family time - hands off for everyone else....haha...o well)....

Love you guys,
Jenn

No comments: