Wednesday, November 24, 2004

What a Trip

my tip home for thanksgiving break ended up being a lot more drama than i thought possible. don't get me wrong....i've come to expect a certain amount of drama in each day. but i thought my tuesday drama was just going to entail trying to make it to my dr's appointment on time and trying to stay awake on the drive home. well, ironically, i made it to my appointment on time. i was supposed to be in effingham by 3 pm and hopefully be on the road by 4. the doctor ended up being about 2 hours late and i didn't get on the road til after 6. they decided that the "smallest cast in the world" should be no more and was possibly a bad idea in the first place. the doctor said he was shocked at how much stiffness and loss of movement i had after only 2 weeks. so now he's decided to try and keep my finger from straightening. ironically that's the only thing i've been able to do "normally" with my finger for over two months now. anyways, i'm in a splint that keeps my finger bent. i'm supposed to use it for a while and they 'buddy strap' my last two fingers together when i get some more movement in it. basically it's the more expensive version of taping fingers. when i talked to the OT to get the splint made, she told me i had 3 weeks to get the finger to back to normal. i have no idea how they actually expect me to do that. i've been trying to get it to work right for months. o well. i'm not sure what happens if i go back for my appointment in two weeks with little improvement....but....o well. i finally got home around midnight and then spent 2 hours fixing up a temporary home for scooter (4 hours because of the dr. appointment and 6 more for the trip home made her a little crazy).

well, today mel and i have to get things ready for thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. there's a ton to do....let's just hope we get along and don't kill each other by the end. maybe i'll take her out to lunch and stuff...that should help....guess i'm off to the recruiter to check in for the week and then i'll brave the grocery store...man...it's gonna be madness..... it's ok...i love a challenge :)

Jenn

No comments: