Saturday, November 06, 2004

Scooter :)

Well, soccer ended this past week. That meant that this weekend was my first official chance to do some much needed relaxing. I didn't really get to do a whole lot of 'nothing,' but it was nice to not be crazy busy at the same time. This morning I had to get up and find a recruiting station. My recruiter had called me last week and said that I needed to start getting a weekly height and weight test. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be growing any time soon, so I don't understand having to check my height weekly. Still, I was not exactly excited about having to be reminded of my weight on a weekly basis. But, I'd been putting off doing the test for a little over a week and my recruiter was getting frustrated. So, today was the day I guess. I found there was a recruitment station in Collinsville and took James with me (nothing like being alone when you have to be measured by total strangers...blah). Anyways, good news...well...you probably don't care but it was good news for me. I've lost 10 pounds and 1.8% body fat since the beginning of soccer. Guess all that running that I thought might kill me actually paid off :)

Anyways, after all of the run-around and 'official' stuff was done, James and I went to Fairview. I have wanted to get a turtle for years now, but have never had the time or money to do it. Well, today I had the time...and I THOUGHT I had the money to do it. Well, should clarify. Turtles, themselves, are not expensive at all. But all the extra stuff you have to buy to house them IS. Well, once I met my little turtle I couldn't put her back. So, I finally have a turtle of my own. I know it seems stupid...but I'm really excited. It's a little girl turtle named Scooter. She'll little but thinks she's big and invincible (yeah..haha...I'm proud). We actually named her scooter before we found out that she actually is pretty fast. If you set her down and take your eyes off of her for just a second she'll be gone. She never sits still. Yeah, just our luck, we have an ADD turtle. O well...so far...she's great. There was only one bit of drama in the whole deal. This involved letting her swim in the bathtub (which I didn't know..but one of my roommates had just scrubbed the tub this morning) and my roomie came home...needing to shower before going out for the night. She was REAL mad...OOPS! But, things settled down and as soon as I learn how to be a good turtle mom...everything will be set. (I should be ready for kids in no time...right? ;) ---ok, quickly moving on....

The rest of the afternoon and tonight was spend setting up the tank, dinner, and making cookies. Yeah, don't let him fool you, James loves eating cookies almost as much as he likes BAKING them. Hehehe...good stuff (too bad now we have a TON of cookies and I shouldn't eat them-afterall, I was just commenting about how excited I was to lose weight).

Well, guess that's all for tonight. James is gone now. He went with Matt to WildCountry - he's trying to get a job as a bouncer....yeah....not sure how I feel about that. Guess it's not really my business though. Ok...enough...I'm going to bed. Man, when you get writting sometimes it's hard to stop. O well...I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow....Niters! Jenn

No comments: